Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Megan Key, PCV (Officially)

Hello!

First, the browser on my phone has stopped working so sorry for the lack of updates, but my phone has been less than cooperative these past few weeks. I am hoping to get that fixed tomorrow. But I figured out how to use my phone’s internet on my computer through Bluetooth, so that should make up for it. Much more expensive, but oh well.

Second, I am now officially a Peace Corps volunteer!! : ) We had our Swearing-In ceremony yesterday in Pigg’s Peak. It was very fun, most of us dressed in the traditional Swazi attire and the Ambassador to the United States and the Prime Minister himself came to our ceremony. We had to take an oath, raising our right hand and everything, swearing to protect and defend the constitution of the United States so help us God. Um, okay. Ha ha. We even got an article written about us in both the Swazi Times and the Swazi Observer, with pictures too! I bought the Observer today and I hope to send it home so everyone can see it and see the type of news that the great nation of Swaziland chooses to report on…

We are now in Mbabane for the next few days before heading to our permanent sites on Thursday! Today we just walked around the city and had lunch at an Applebee’s type restaurant with ice cream dessert at KFC and coffee at a café that served REAL coffee! One of the best mochas I’ve had in a long time. Then tomorrow we are walking around some more, heading to the Peace Corps office, the post office, and grocery store. I am going to try to go to an Internet Café tomorrow and maybe upload some pictures, but don’t get your hopes up because the way the internet works here, it probably won’t work.

That’s all I can think of for now, sorry it’s a short update but that’s all I’ve got. ; ) Hope everything is great at home! Miss you all and love you!

Love, Megan

1 comment:

  1. Megan-
    Congratulations, PCV! Of course, I knew you would pass, but it's good to have it official, I'm sure. Your blog's and adventures continue to fascinate me - so fun to read. Yesterday we had Dani's birthday party - she is six now, and loaded up with goldfish, Barbies, crafts and dance attire (oh, yeah...and a light saber from Nathan), and she had a great weekend. Off to the fair this week, and Nathan continues football practice, and then back to school next Tuesday. Have a great week, and hope to hear from you soon! You are greatly missed!
    Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete